A Family Affair

Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 8: Crisis... Danger Combined with Opportunity



The ABC Model: This ia a great model for an individuals crisis.



A. The actual event causing the crisis


B. How the family manages/ Behavioural Response


C. Cognition/ What the Family thinks about it.


I think C is the most important part of this model. As there are always different factors that go inot a crisis and each individuals perseption needs to be taken into account. thats what C is for, to help us understand what each individuals perception is of the issue and why.
What i dont like about this model is that it neglects to identify the importance of outside factors


I thought that this was an interesting excersize that we did in class. Bro williams gave us the opportunity to come up with 10 family crisis events that are more common or relatable to us, then he gave us 5 options or categories to place each crisis in. The categories were 1. That stunck 2. its ok now 3. we managed 4. We're better and 5. Thank you. I found that I would naturally put most of the crisis that i had been through in 'Thank you". I have an overall very optiistic veiw of teh world and the trials that i face. I feel like i have an understanding of the Lords design and why we go through trials so its easier for me to accept them, however the more i went into discussing the different categories, the more that I viewed them as stages. I felt like, with many of the crisis that I have been through, I started by thinking "this sucks" then transitioned to, "its going to be ok, then to "look, i managed", after which i am able to see how " I am better from it" then I have "gratitude" to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to go through that trial and make choices that lead to me learning and growing from it. I think that all those categories can apply at differetnstages of "recovery" if you will. Here were some examples from my list and what we did in class.


10 Events of Crisis in the Family


Divorce We managed


Miscarriage We're better



Death Thank You



Falling away from the church That Stunk



Finacial crisis Its ok Now



Illness Thank You



Sin Thank You


School struggles We are better


Comparing in a family of girls We are better



Crisis can sometimes change your subsets in an effective way. Our perception of crisis is so important when it comes to our interaction with others and how we choose to respond together!


Here are some other random notes that I thought were insightful and needed to be mentioned!


Compassion= passion for another persons experiences


Fade away fathers, how far away does dad live on average=400miles at least.



The atonement heals all wound, not just time. 99.95% of the worlds population are lds. Forgivness and acceptance are lds principles but world wide principles as well.


SOO... perspective heals all wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment